Prof. Daniel van Steenberghe
Emeritus professor ordinaries KULeuven, MD, PhD, Oral Surg, Periodontol.
Former guest professor at the Universities of Gothenburg, Amsterdam, Louvain and Limburg.
Honorary Citizen of Aix-en-Provence, Honorary Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (Ireland), Doctor honoris causa, Co-opted member of the German Academy of Sciences “Leopoldina” and of the Academy of Medicine of Cordoba, Medal of the City of Paris.
Former president of
- Belgian Committee for the Bicentennial of the United States of America.
- Belgian Andrei Sakharov Committee
- Belgian Society of Periodontology
- International Society of Breath Odor Research - European Association for Osseointegration Honorary president of
- International Computer-Aided Implantology Academy
Honorary member of
- European Association for Osseointegration
- International Society for Breath Odor Research
- Slovenian Society Osseointegration
- Polish Society of Implantology
- Czjech Society of Osseointegration
- Pierre Fauchard Academy
- Academy of Osseointegration
P-I Brånemark Osseointegration Award.
He was (associate) editor of the Journal of Head & Neck Pathology, Clinical Oral Implants Research, Clinical Oral Investigations and the Journal of Oral Rehabilitation. Published > 300 full refereed papers and (co)authored 14 books. Among his PhD and Masters’ students 18 became university professors. He is among the top 2 per cent of the most-cited scientists in various disciplines (Stanford University)